Wednesday, January 16, 2013

It's been a week.

This week has been filled with so many different emotions.  I have done a whole lotta reading, a whole lotta phone calls to therapists and getting in contact with local Fragile X support groups. Oh yeah..and some crying.  We have received so much love from family and friends this past week.  I can't say how much it has encouraged and uplifted us.  To know that we have so many people supporting us and praying for us makes all the difference in the world.  I know there will be peaks and valleys but I have such a calm spirit about it. 

I talked to Liam's soon to be Applied Behavior Therapist (ABA) and I am super excited to get started.  She's coming over to the house on Wednesday to do her initial evaluation. I have heard nothing but good things about this therapy.  ABA therapy is usually targeted to kiddos with Autism but Liam will benefit from it as well.  

The ABA Therapist is also putting in a referral for us to a very highly rated speech therapist who uses a unique teaching tools method.  Honestly, I got all sorts of excited about it.  We are willing to do whatever it takes to get Liam what he needs.  Even if we have therapy five days a week..so be it.  

Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the LORD. Psalm 31:24

An oldy but a goody.  Too cute. 

1 comment:

  1. He is precious! Lindsay, thank you for the courage to share your story. We are following you with love and prayer. Love you, Liam!

    ReplyDelete