Tuesday, September 4, 2012

{Way to a mans heart. Well, to my mans heart}

It's my hubby's birthday today and I always struggle with what to get him. So, this year I thought I would give him the gift of food. Most of you know that John is out of town a lot for work and I thought that he would like some slow cooker meals while away. Some yummy "home cooked" meals while at the rig. This is the first time I've made freezer meals for the slow cooker. From start to finish it took me about 1 1/2 hours or so to chop and get the meals in the freezer.
The original site I got this from is here.  You can find the grocery list and all the other goodies you need to try this out for yourself. 


I first put all the food on the counter. Look at all that food.  Wowza!


Begin to chop chop and chop some more.  It's really not that bad.  You can divide the veggies in each bag while chopping.  This made things pretty easy.


Labeled the bags with the meal, date, and directions for the day you make it. 
I put the meals in gallon freezer bags. 


Bam! Each bag is 2 - 4 servings.  Two bags for each meal and I made 4 different meals (Teriyaki Chicken, Healthy Barbecue Chicken, Traditional Beef Stew and Goulash Beef Stew). 
The 2 packages of chuck roast steak that were in the grocery pic up top are in the slow cooker as we speak. I am making this recipe. I only wish John were here to eat it.  That's a lot of food for me and Liam. 

Anyway,  Happy birthday to my darling husband. 

2 comments:

  1. You are such a sweetheart!!!! Meals with love!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so Awesome Linny!! You are an wonderful Mommy and Wife.

    Who can find a virtuous wife? For her worth is far above rubies. The heart of her husband safely trusts her; so he will have no lack of gain. She does him good and not evil, All the days of her life......
    Proverbs 31:10-31
    (continue reading)
    Love You...

    ReplyDelete